Newborn Photography Flower Mound – I had such a wonderful time photographing this family. Their little bundle of joy slept the entire time! Her nursery was so beautiful with crisp light and lovely decor and bedding to compliment her simple sleeper robe. I also incorporated a Moses basket for several photos. Something about a baby sleeping in a basket pulls my heart strings. The family provided handmade blankets for the props. It is always so important to include special family keepsakes in the newborn photos.
To keep babies calm and comfortable, I always recommend the 5 S’s. A combination of them usually gives the magic touch for a peaceful session. What are the Five S’s? Some babies like one type of soothing better than another. You may hear me suggest these methods during your session.
- Shush- soothing sounds like a white noise machine, a blow dryer, or simple shushing with your mouth help mimic the noise in the mother’s womb.
- Swing- sway the baby in a motion to simulate a swing movement.
- Swaddle- wrap the baby tightly in a swaddle. Helping control the baby’s undeveloped muscular system by wrapping helps calm the infant.
- Side- calm a baby by holding them with their stomach pressed against your chest. Or hold them on their side. Remember- the back is the only safe way to lay down a baby to sleep.
- Suck- the natural reaction for a baby is to suckle. Try a pacifier.
Babies are like little suns that, in a magical way, bring warmth, happiness and light into our lives. -Kartini Diapari-Oengider