Tamla & Preston
Highland Park Engagement Photography, Flippen Park
Highland Park Engagement Photography- Tamla and Preston are a newly engaged Dallas couple excited to tie the knot! We celebrated their engagement with a photo session at Flippen Park located in the heart of Highland Park, Tx. It is nestled in a quaint and elegant neighborhood. While the park is small, it offers a very romantic setting for engagement or bridal photos. The notable features at Flippen Park are the gazebo, fountain, and and reflection pool. They are aligned in viewpoint to create fountain images with the gazebo in the background. In addition, the landscaping is pristine, lined with seasonal flowers like tulips and daffodils during spring. The azalea shrubs are also plentiful and were just starting to bloom in the middle of march. There is also an open meadow surrounded by landscaping and walking paths.
Tips for Engagement Photos
- Where clothing that represents your style.
- Choose outfits that are comfortable, especially for the man!
- Consider the seasons- winter months couples usually wear cozy sweaters, vests, hats, and boots.
- During warmer months, flowing dresses are a wonderful wardrobe option.
- Consider the location- urban, gardens, rustic, meadow, or indoor. Your wardrobe and the location should compliment each other.
- Clothing should not match, think coordinate!
- Layering clothing and incorporating accessories create texture and visual interest.
- Grooming- make sure nails, hair, and men’s facial hair are groomed to your liking. It’s a great opportunity for women to have hair, makeup, and nails done! I have artist recommendations.
- Most of all- have fun!
View another romantic location for engagement photos.