Ft Worth Newborn Photography – Flower Mound Family Photographer – I was delighted to photograph this family one year from our previous portrait session. The year before they had welcomed a newborn son. This year they have welcomed their second son! It was such an exciting time to see them again! A joy of photography is I see families grow and change over the years! It’s truly an honor!
This session was double the fun, because extended family came along as well! I photographed cousins- also who had grown with an addition of a son since last year. Our portraits consisted of four children all under the age of two! It definitely kept me on my toes!
The Lumen Room was the perfect place to use for the portraits because it provided plenty of room for all parties to rest, play, snack, and change clothes. Not to mention it is air conditioned, which is very handy during the hot Texas days.
Expecting a newborn soon? Here are helpful photo planning tips!
- Schedule portraits within the first two weeks after birth, unless premature. This is an excellent time to capture the sweet pictures of the baby sleeping. The closer to four weeks old, the newborn will enter a growth spirt which will change their sleeping and eating patterns.
- The morning is the best time to photograph newborns. As the day goes on, they become more fussy.
- Gather special items such as blankets, clothes, personalized pieces you’d like to include in picures.
- Have the family wear soft neutral colors.
- Feed the baby right before the session. We can take breaks as necessary.
- We will use a natural light studio or in home natural light.
Cousin time! How cute is it to see two boy cousins together just several months difference in age. It’s amazing how babies grow so quickly!